Forever Changed International is committed to caring for orphans and impoverished families in Guatemala. The heart of our organization and home to our children is Dories Promise in Guatemala City. Our family environment and dedicated staff promote the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual healing of all those in our care. By going beyond their basic needs, we want to transform their lives and give them every opportunity to thrive and break the cycle of poverty.
We invite teams to serve the children of Dories Promise and families throughout Guatemala year-round. As a member of a missions team at Dories Promise, you will learn about family preservation and orphan care through our safe, holistic model. We partner with you and other team members to create a unique week of service that accentuates your gifts. Join us and allow God to use you in Guatemala.
God has called us to passionately serve the world’s forgotten children through life-changing ministries.
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe that every word in the original writings of the Holy Scriptures is inspired of God and therefore without error. We accept the Holy Scriptures as the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks.
2. We believe there is one true God, eternally existing in three Persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality.
3. We believe that man was originally created in the image of God, but fell into sin through disobedience to a divine command and, therefore, brought all mankind under condemnation. Thus, man is totally unable to please God to be in right standing before Him.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became perfect Man without ceasing to be perfect Deity through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit. He voluntarily paid for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone. The third day, He arose from the dead in the same body in which He had lived and died. He ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
5. We believe that salvation is a gift received only by personal trust in Jesus Christ, who was man’s substitute for sin. This gift is given by the unmerited favor of God and is given without regard to any and all human works and goodness. All those who accept this gift by simple faith are eternally secure in Him.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts sinners of their need for Christ, baptizes them into the body of Christ, imparts new life to them, indwells them, and seals them until the day of redemption. Each believer is called to live in the power of the indwelling Spirit and in so doing, his faith will be manifest in works pleasing to God.
7. We believe that God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly in a local church for worship, participation in ordinances, evangelism, edification through the Scriptures, and mutual encouragement.
8. We believe in the imminent return of Christ for His Church, the eternal state of punishment for the unsaved, and the eternal state of blessing for the saved.