WEC International is an international (members from 70+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the largest church planting mission agencies in the world. WEC endeavors to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International in the USA visit www.wec-usa.org
WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months – 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years).
Unfortunately we can only take people living in the United States. If you are looking to apply from another country please check www.wectrek.org for one of our other WEC sending bases in or near your country.
WEC’s Vision for short-term is: To provide short term mission experiences and discipleship opportunities by sharing Christ and supporting WECs church planting ministries worldwide for the purpose of glorifying God.
WEC International’s Motto
“If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” (C.T.Studd our founder)
As part of our commitment to provide quality short-term opportunities, WEC International has become an accredited member of MissionExcellence (formerly known as the Standards of Excellence in Short-Term Mission) and is committed to the 7 Standards found at https://missionexcellence.global/
WE BELIEVE IN:
* One God, creator and sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* The deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth and sinless life, his miracles, his atoning death on the cross for us, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, his work as mediator, and his return in power and glory.
* The ministry of the Holy Spirit to transform lives and empower for life and service.
* The Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
* The sinfulness and guilt of all humanity since the fall, so that every person comes under Gods judgement.
* Redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential for salvation.
* The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
* Resurrection of the dead: those who are in Christ resurrected to a life forever with God and those who are outside of Christ resurrected to final judgement.
* The unity in Christ of all believers who make up the Church, his body, which is his witness throughout the world.
WEC’s CORE VALUES
Our Vision: To see Christ known, loved and worshiped by the unreached peoples of the world.
Our Mission: Empowered by the Holy Spirit, with a sense of urgency and a commitment to work with others, we:
* Proclaim the gospel by word and deed, so that people come to a living faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and become his disciples.
* Gather believers around Christ, establishing churches in the Word of God so that they make disciples in their communities and beyond.
* Mobilize for missions, recruit, train, send and care for workers in fellowship with the wider Church.
Our Moto: “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” (C.T.Studd – our founder)