Established Mission Organizations desiring to list mission opportunities on MissionGuide.global are asked to be in agreement with and evaluated according to the following criteria:
Registered 501(c)(3) Organization
MissionGuide.global only serves registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Per IRS regulations we are unable to serve ministries that operate as a for-profit business. Registered Charities in Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, or other countries are considered on a case-by-case basis.
* 60 Day Free Trial Signups are for new organizations partnering with us or former members of ShortTermMissions.com that posted trips beyond 3 years ago. Please contact us about reactivating your former account with saved information for your trial.
The organization’s doctrinal statement must be in agreement with MissionGuide.global/MissionWorks’ doctrinal statement below:
1. The Bible: The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, in the original writings is verbally inspired by God, trustworthy and true in all it affirms, and is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. The Trinity of God: God is a person who has revealed Himself as a Trinity in unity—Father, Son, Holy Spirit—three Persons and yet one God.
3. Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He is fully God and fully man. Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between God and man. We believe in the personal and visible return of Jesus to decide the eternal destiny of all people based on their response to Him.
4. The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He causes spiritual rebirth, indwells, seals, bestows gifts, and baptizes the believer into the body of Christ. He continues to sanctify, guide, teach, and fill the believer who walks in obedience to the Word.
5. Humanity: Humanity was created in the image of God, but sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death which is separation from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and nothing they can do of themselves, such as good works, being baptized, joining the Church, or moral living can lead to a right relationship with God.
6. The Great Commission: We believe that Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and make disciples of all peoples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching those who believe to obey all that Christ commanded.
7. Salvation: God’s free gift of grace to everyone who believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior is salvation from sin, death, and hell, and includes eternal life with Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice and all who trust Him as personal Savior are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
8. The Resurrection of Christ: We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life for us as High Priest and Advocate.
9. The Resurrection of Humanity: We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust—the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
The following is the MissionWorks statement on marriage, gender, and sexuality. While agreement with the statement is not required, in an effort to maintain unity in the Body of Christ, we ask that you agree to not promote viewpoints or practice anything different than those expressed in the following statement at any MissionWorks event or on any MissionWorks platforms.
- Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality: We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female.
Two or More Years of Experience
Organizations and/or their leaders must have two or more years of experience organizing, sending, and receiving mission teams. Brand-new organizations with experienced leaders are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us to discuss.
The organization must have a reputation for operating their mission programs in a professional manner as evidenced by the following: care of trip participants; prompt response to mission trip inquiries; truth in communication; satisfactory resolution of complaints; financial dealings; and respect of those being ministered to.
We recommend all sending organizations become dual members of the MissionExcellence, providing further accountability, training, resources and opportunity for accreditation. MissionExcellence members are committed to implementing the 7 Standards of Excellence for Short-Term Mission Trips. The dual membership is a pathway to better mission trips that honor God, your hosts, and those you are serving, and is a statement about your mission program.
We may also ask for references as needed per each new organization to our website.
Evangelistic / Disciple-Making Component
MissionGlobal.com exists for the purpose of helping believers engage in the Great Commission. Mission trips being listed should either directly or indirectly have some evangelistic or disciple-making component. Trips that are solely humanitarian or educational, while beneficial, do not match the purpose of the website.
Available to Believers from any Denomination
Visitors on MissionGuide.global come from a variety of denominational and non-denominational backgrounds. Posted mission trips should not require participants to be members of a specific denomination. Denominations tend to have their own websites with mission trip listings: Southern Baptist, Assemblies of God
All membership applications are subject to approval by MissionGuide staff.
Frequently Asked Questions about Requirements
We are a new organization. Can the experience requirement be waived?
We consider new organizations on a case-by-case basis. We have made exceptions for new organizations whose leadership has had significant experience organizing and leading mission trips under a different organization.
We are part of a larger organization that is already listed on MissionGuide.global Do we need to create an additional account or can we use the account of our parent organization?
In most cases you may use the broader organization account. The multiuser features that are part of the premium service package are designed to accommodate this. An additional account is only required if you want mission trips to be listed under a different name than the name of the broader organization. Note: YWAM bases are handled in a different manner.
We are a YWAM base. Do we need our own account?
Since each YWAM base operates autonomously, you must signup for your own account for posting opportunities on MissionGuide.global.
We realize that YWAM ministries will often span multiple bases. Contact us to discuss that option
We are an orphanage or church that wants to receive mission teams. How do we list our availability?
There is not currently a way to list availability to receive mission teams or short-term missionaries. Listings are managed by organizations or churches that coordinate, organize, recruit, and send individuals and teams. We recommend networking with a sending agency that operates in your area and making them aware of your desire to work with short-term missionaries. You can also contact MissionExcellence about training in becoming a mission hosting/receiving organization.
We are a missionary with an organization that is listed on MissionGuide.global. How do we post a trip?
You may contact us and we will put you in touch with the person within your organization who administers the account and posts trips for your sending agency.
We are a church. Can we list our mission trips?
Generally, MissionGuide.global is not a good fit for individual churches wanting to post a mission trip, unless you are are a large church sending multiple teams a year open to people from all denominations. We weigh this on a case-by-case basis. If your mission trips are open to people from anywhere in the US and you meet the organizational requirements it may be possible for you to post. Give us a call and we’ll talk it through.
For additional questions please contact us at [email protected]
MissionGuide.global is a ministry of MissionWorks.