Make the most of your journey by capturing your thoughts, reactions and the images you see. You’re going to find some great resources here for mission trip journals and devotionals as well as tips on sharing your journey via photography, social media and in person once you return home. When you position yourself to learn, grow and be used by the Lord not only does this result in a journey of personal growth but you have the opportunity to speak into the lives of others as well. Humility, honesty and a desire to honor others through your mission trip pictures, posts and stories results in maximum Kingdom impact.
- 10 Social Media Tips for Short Term Missions Trips
- Story Telling and the Short-Term Missions Trip Preparing your team as they return
- Telling Your StoryTips on sharing your testimony and telling about your mission experience
- Rules for Engagement: How to use Social Media on your Mission Trip
- Social Media Policies & Mission Trips
- 8 Easy Travel Photography Tips
- Debriefing Your Mission Trip What is next? Great insight to help you process your short-term mission trip and consider how it fits into God’s bigger plan.
- Beyond Welcome Home: 10 Things That you Need to Know About Re-entry
- Deeper Roots Publications has combined their short-term mission devotional series into one book that includes pre-, on- and post-field study and reflection.
- Re Entry: Making the Transition from Missions to Life at Home By: Peter Jordan. What happens when you return from mission work? Will you begin to compare your local church and the ordinary workday lives of its members to your exhilarating experiences in missions?
- Short-Term Mission Trip Debrief Questions Taking time to process your trip is a key component of your overall experience. Set aside time to reflect on these questions and process them with other team members.
- The Hands and Feet of Jesus A YouVersion app developed by the MissionExcellece, formerly Standards of Excellence in Short Term Mission, this 14-day pre-trip devotion series is written with your short-term mission in mind as you prepare to be The Hands and Feet of Jesus.
- Social Media and Short-Term Missions – Shayna Winn talks about how she used social media to keep her church up-to-date on their summer short term mission teams and engage the congregation in prayer for the short-term teams.
- Go Journal This journal is designed to help deepen your walk with God and your relationships with others through your short-term mission trip.
- Mission Trip Journals Each of these 12 distinct journals follows a format that provides 7 pre-trip devotional/journal entries, 10 while you are on-site and 7 to process things once you return from your trip.
- The Mission Journal Choose from a 30 day devotional, 5 month journal option or their post trip journal all designed to help you capture, process and make the most of your mission trip.
What other resources have you come across that provide a healthy framework or tools to CAPTURE YOUR mission trip JOURNEY and share it well? Send your ideas to: [email protected]